Vizio is one of the popular soundbar manufacturers and a popular option for the audio experience of televisions and other media devices. And as time goes on and new technology comes users are keen to find ways to simplify the control and customization of their soundbars.
Among HDMI, Optical cables, connecting soundbars with smartphones is a popular option. However, not all soundbars can be connected to smartphones. Therefore, the question arises, can you control your Vizio soundbar with your phone?
The short answer is Yes. There is a variety of options and methods that allows connecting the Vizio soundbar with your smartphone. One of the popular options is Vizio smart cast that allows handling everything with your phone.
In this article, we will discuss a number of ways to connect both soundbar and phone including connecting via the Smartcast. So without any further ado let’s start.
How To Control Vizio Soundbar With A Phone?
Follow the steps and control your sounding beast with a few taps.
Step 1: Firstly, download the Vizio SmartCast mobile app(now known as Vizio Mobile). Whether you are an Android or iOS user you can get one from a relative app store.
NOTE: Android users must have Android 8.0 or higher. In contrast, Apple users should meet the requirement of iOS 13.0 or above.
Step 2: Secondly, open the app and create a VIZIO account. The onscreen prompts will help you with account creation. Besides this, continuing as a guest is also acceptable.
Step 3: Once you have done with the Vizio SmartCast setup, it’s time to get started. The home page will show you a list of devices. Just tap on the desired one to start pairing.
Step 4: After that, confirm the connection by pressing the button on the soundbar. Do you know; how to connect a phone to your Vizio Smart TV? While pairing with a TV, your VIZIO TV will show a 4-digit code at the top of its screen. Type that, and you’re good to go.
Step 5: Finally, your smartphone can work as a remote control. Now you can sit back and enjoy effortless operation by sliding your fingers.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Despite the convenience and ease of using a phone to control your Vizio soundbar, you may experience some common issues. Nevertheless, we have extensively researched this subject to save our audience from every hassle.
Here are some of the most common problems and their solutions:
- Connectivity Issues: These can include not connecting with one Wi-Fi/Bluetooth network, etc. Disconnect your soundbar from other devices or remove nearby wireless equipment.
- Weak Signals: Sometimes, an object between the soundbars and the remote control restricts signals.
- App does not work properly: The app might require updating, reinstalling, etc.
- Fails To Turn On: A defective power outlet or loose connection to the AC can also be the cause.
- No Audio: Broken cables and dirty contacts often result in cutting out the audio. Furthermore, check the volume or adjust audio settings to overcome this problem.
Vizio soundbars are one of the top quality brands that offer any type of soundbar you’re looking for. And you can connect them to your phone and control everything with ease. A popular Vizio SmartCase app allows you to connect with Vizio soundbars with your phone. You can find this app on both Android and iOS with the name Vizio mobile.
I also provide a step-by-step guide on how you can connect your Vizio soundbar to the phone.
With the SmartCase app, you can adjust the volume, change the input source, and access other settings for your Vizio soundbar directly from your phone.
Some Vizio soundbar also comes with Bluetooth connectivity options which allows you to play anything directly from your phone even without installing any application.
Is There Any Vizio Remote App?
Vizio SmartCast mobile opens up new doors for uninterrupted fun. From browsing and discovering movies to live streams and TV shows, this remote app can satisfy all your entertainment cravings.
Besides effortless finds, you can come across multiple apps at once. That’s not all; it also permits managing advanced settings and much more!
You can also download the Vizio Soundbar remote app and easily cherish fun.
Can I connect my Vizio sound bar to my iPhone?
Yes, you can connect your Vizio soundbar to your iPhone. There are several ways based on the soundbar you have and the connectivity options it features.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth can be one of the options that allow you to connect both devices wirelessly. In order to connect your iPhone and soundbar via Bluetooth go to the Settings app on your iPhone, select Bluetooth, and turn it on. Then, put your Vizio sound bar in pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote or on the sound bar itself. Your iPhone should detect the sound bar and allow you to connect to it.
- Audio Cable: Next you can connect both your iPhone and soundbar using an aux input or a 3.5mm audio jack. All you need to do is plug one end into the soundbar and the other into the phone.
- HDMI Cable: If your soundbar has an HDMI connectivity option you can also connect with your iPhone. But you will need an extra HDMI adapter that is compatible with your iPhone’s Lightning or USB-C port. Once you attached the adapter to the HDMI cable all you have to do is connect one end to your iPhone and next to your HDMI and you will be good to go.